Saturday, June 26, 2010

Favorite Roo act of 2010




Out of the countless shows I saw in those four days, one performance took me by surprise and ended up being my favorite. The show took place in the Cafe Where? Tent, conveniently located adjacent to the What Stage. While Dead Weather put on what appeared to be a show of a lifetime, I patiently waited for Angus & Julia Stone, a brother-sister duo from Sydney, Australia. The show was more packed than I had anticipated since Weezer was scheduled to play at the exact same time. It was the most intimate, laid back concert I've ever been to. Julia stunned the crowd with the overabundance of instruments she played throughout the hour and Angus mastered the role of the timid, tortured artist. There was not a dull moment, and I was fully immersed in the show. Following the encore, the fans were able to meet Angus and Julia. To me, they embodied everything bonnaroo should be, a time to relax and connect with the music.

No comments: