Monday, October 27, 2008

MILLENNIUM ONE HIT WONDERS..

These songs were hit songs that have been forgotten about.
Millennium One Hit Wonders

"Beverly Hills"- Weezer
This song was played so many times on the radio, everyone just banned it from their iTunes playlists. Listen to it again, I really like it now.

"Sugar, We're Goin Down"- Fall Out Boy
Their most popular song, made when they were in their prime. Now in my eyes they are not as good. When remembering my Fall Out Boy stage I will remember this song.

"The Future Freaks Me Out"- Motion City Soundtrack
What ever happened to this band. They released a new album last year, but I think all of their fans disappeared. 

"Don't Know Why"- Norah Jones
Where did Norah Jones disappear to? This song is BEAUTIFUL. When it came out it was not cool to like music like this, but now that I have gotten over that stage.

"Just the Girl"-The Click Five
This was the pop song of 2005-06. They were a one hit wonder band. Just another pop rock band to fail.

"The Reason"- Hoobastank
This song was so inspiring. It was so catchy and always was in my head. Recently, they released a new single that sounds more dark and hard rock. I'm assuming why this is the only song they are well known for.

"Let U Go"- Ashley Parker Angel
The pretty blond boy releases a pop rock song. How original. As to why he didn't make it, I think you get the point. No offense Ashley, I actually liked this song.

"It's Time To Dance"- Panic! at the Disco
Their BEST song ever. This is the song that made me start listening to Panic!. Their album at the time was really good. Then they, of course, changed their style a little. But hey, it happens and they still have a large fan base.

"American Idiot"- Green Day
Where did Green Day sketch off to? They had a number of [painfully overplayed] hits. Toname a few: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Time of Your Life. They released an awesome album that had most of these songs included and the image was a hand holding a heart. Everybody knew the Green Day symbol, it was like a way of life. Apparently, though, Green Day changed their band name to Foxboro Hot Tubs (no, I'm actually not kidding) and released a new album titled "Stop Drop and Roll!!" Their most successful song being "Mother Mary". Download it--it really is them.

No comments: