Friday, October 31, 2008

P!nk new album


This is my unofficial review of P!nks new album, "Funhouse".

My first impression of the album, was of course the single "So What", which absolutely blew my away. I loved this song from the start. It was a typical "bad-ass" P!ink song. Her music has so much passion and energy put into it, it's hard not to get emotional while listening to it. As for the other songs on the album, I really enjoyed most of them. "Please Don't Leave Me" is a very unusual song for P!nk to sing because it is very slow and does not have very involved vocals. But her voice is so distinctive, I would know it was her anyway. On the other hand, "It's all Your Fault" is a similar song to "You and Your Hand". It has the same rhythm in a sense. "Sober" sort of reminds me of an Alanis Morissette Song. It has electric guitars in it and I can just picture Alanis singing this passionate song. These songs were a lot slower than I expected. I think this album was P!nk's therapy during her break-up and she was getting out all of her feelings. They are all about relationships and are love/hate songs. The lyrics are rather moving, and from this I conclude that P!ink is an emotional, passionate person. I've always loved her and I really do love every song on this album. It is worth buying. 

No comments: